Liquid Cooled Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design
- Superior engineering produces sport bike power with broad usable torque
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Liquid cooling provides consistent engine temperatures and allows closer engine tolerances for more horsepower and long engine life
- Auxiliary cooling fan maintains optimum temperature for best performance, fuel economy and reliability
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Better flow for more power at high rpm and strong low-end torque
- Compact combustion chamber for increased compression ratio without detonation on today's gasolines
34mm CVK Semi-flat Slide Carburetors
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Quick throttle response
- Microprocessor-controlled timing never needs adjustment
- Ultra-responsive to engine needs
- Translates into a gear for all speeds, excellent acceleration and relaxed highway cruising
- Has a Kawasaki exclusive, the Positive Neutral Finder, which means riders can find neutral easily, every time at a stop with just a lift of the shift pedal from first gear
Standard Half Fairing
- Offers rider wind protection for more comfort
- Incorporates large, easy-to-read instruments with two resettable trip meters
- Stylish lower fairing completes the Ninja® image
Double-cradle Steel Box-section Frame
- High-tensile steel perimeter frame
- Lightweight, with superior rigidity for more precise handling and better control
37mm Front Fork
- Large-diameter fork tubes with thin walls for light weight and exceptional rigidity
Bottom-link UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Progressive rate provides a smoother, more controlled ride
- Lightweight aluminum components provide quick suspension response
- Lower center of gravity for better handling
- Wide, modern 17-inch rims fit low-profile, high-performance tires
Front Disc Brake
- Disc is drilled for better cooling and reduced unsprung weight
- Dual-piston caliper for increased braking effectiveness
Rear Disc Brake
- Powerful and controllable
- Single-piston caliper
Sidestand and Centerstand
- Sidestand permits easy parking, while centerstand makes for easy cleaning or servicing
- Affordable suggested retail price
- Engine: Four-stroke, DOHC, parallel twin
- Displacement: 498cc
- Starting: Electric
- Bore x stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34 x 2
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
- Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 3.6 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 37mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.1 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® system with single shock / 3.9 in.
- Front tire: 110/70-17 tubeless
- Rear tire: 130/70x17 tubeless
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 82.5 in.
- Overall width: 27.6 in.
- Overall height: 45.7 in.
- Ground clearance: 4.7 in.
- Seat height: 30.5 in.
- Curb weight: 434.4 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
- Color: Metallic Diablo Black, Candy Plasma Blue
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months